About us and our role regarding your personal data processing
We are the Institute for High Performance Computing and Networking, National Research Council of Italy (ICAR-CNR). We are the coordinating partner of the AI4HealthSec Project (Grant agreement ID: 883273). This website is completely devoted to AI4HealthSec project. One of ICAR-CNR duties in this project is to manage this website. Thus, we should be considered as a data controller with regard to processing personal data of the website users and visitors. We are based at the following addresses:
Via Pietro Castellino 111, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Personal data we process and the purposes of processing
When you use our website, we may process electronic identification data such as an IP address of the device you use to access this website, the browser, type of device, and operating system you use, your time zone, date and time of access and similar. This information is necessary to be processed in order to properly display our website, to ensure the stability and security of the connection and the system. Under no circumstances we do not use this data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
We may process your email address when you opt-in to receive newsletter emails from us. You may opt-out from newsletter emails whenever you want by clicking on the unsubscribe link available at the bottom (footer) of any email that you have received from us.
Our website provides access, through the links displayed at the top of each page to the relevant content at social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). We manage our social-media accounts by ourselves. However, if you would like to use our social media accounts, we suggest you familiarize yourself with the privacy information of social media platforms.
Sharing your data with third parties
We may share your data with third parties. Our project partners and the European Commission staff relevant to the realization of the AI4HealthSec project may receive your data if it would be necessary. Also, we may share your data with entities who might help us to regularly provide and further develop our website (e.g., entities that provide analytics, maintenance, development services). For the sake of executing tasks previously agreed upon, the third parties are given the right to process only necessary information. The purpose of data processing, how it will be carried out and the selection of data that will be processed remain our exclusive rights.
In addition, we may share your data with public agencies such as law enforcement agencies, where we have the legal obligation to do so. In case where it would be necessary, we will inform you about sharing your data with third parties.
How we protect your personal data
We do not collect or retain your personal data longer than is necessary for the purposes explained above.
We use technical and organizational measures in accordance with good practice to ensure appropriate security of your personal data against accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, theft, unauthorized disclosure or access, unauthorized use and against all other unlawful forms of processing. The information provided to us by you will be stored in the main information system and access to information will be allowed on a need-to-know basis.
We will process your personal data according to the GDPR principles while serving the specific processing purposes.
Your data protection rights
You as a data subject may exercise the following rights under the GDPR:
- The right of access. You have the right to request for access to any of the information relating to you.
- The right to have personal data rectified. You have the right to request correction of your personal data that you find inaccurate.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have about you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right, under limited circumstances, to request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information.
- The right to be forgotten. You have the right to request that we erase your personal data that we hold.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right, under limited circumstances, to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local or Italian Data Protection Authority if you feel that your rights are in violation.
The relevant data protection authority in EU Member States might be determined either by your place of habitual residence, or the place where the alleged infringement emerged. As we are established in Italy, you may choose to contact the Italian Data Protection Authority.